ports/134122: multimedia/totem build fails

Joe Kelsey joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us
Sat May 2 20:38:33 UTC 2009

marcus at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: multimedia/totem build fails
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: marcus
> State-Changed-When: Sat May 2 17:17:45 UTC 2009
> State-Changed-Why:
> This looks to be a local problem with your gstreamer-plugins package.
> Reinstall multimedia/gstreamer-plugins.  Note: it may also be necessary
> to rebuild all of your gstreamer plugins, so you might just want to do a:
>
> portupgrade -f gstreamer\*

I have performed this specific action several times and still get the
same error.  I cannot find any evidence of the executable "playbin" in
any port, so I cannot determine what it is looking for.  I also do not
know what the name of the gstreamer configuration script is, so I cannot
look at it to figure out why it complains.

You have not provided any information that is of any help to me.  I have
performed a complete reinstallation of gstreamer several times over a
perios of several days.  I have not found anything wrong with my system,
and I cannot use the evidence included in the failed make to determine
anything wrong with my system.  There is as far as I can tell,
absolutely nothing wrong with my local installation.  Just that one day,
this started appearing through no effort of my own.

Please give some more information about why the make tells me that
something is wrong.  I cannot figure it out from the evidence provided.

/Joe