request

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Wed Jun 17 08:33:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 23:24 +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:31:16 +0530
> "Suresh Babu" <Suresh.Babu at Chordiant.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have installed FreeBSD OS 7.2 version, I couldn't enable GUI mode.
> > Please send the steps to enable GUI mode and related package links.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html

You will find a different approach on the Open Slate wiki at

<http://wiki.openslate.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Operating_System:Installing_Gnome_on_the_Fujitsu_T1010_tablet_PC&oldid=226>

This should get you a Gnome desktop. FreeBSD has other GUI options, like
KDE, and some people prefer leaner, less resource hungry window
managers. I suggest you start with Gnome, then when you are comfortable,
experiment with others. You can always come back to Gnome!

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/