epiphany and pdf files (file associations)

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 13 16:35:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> Have you tried to download the PDF file then open your choice of PDF
> application to see if it works? If not then it won't work in another way at
> all, but if it works then it's strange. Try to run Epiphany from terminal app
> for you can see error. Also, check in ~/.xsession-error for any error. I am
> able to click on link of PDF file then it opens Evince and display fine.

When I do that epiphany downloads the file but when downloaded (100%) it
doesn't do anything. I can only click on "stop".

I installed mozplugger and seems to work quite nice. PDF's are opened
inside epiphany with Adobe Reader, and doc's are opened in a seperate
window in Abiword. I'm going to find out how to change some settings.

Thanks for the tip.

Marco

--
Note: The system panics with a "NULL pointer dereference" message

Failed due to : SunOS 5.8 is installed.
 		-- Output of a SunCheckup run on a Solaris 8 machine