consolekit problem and CURRENT

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Mon Jun 8 15:47:11 UTC 2009

  Hi,

  I'm seeing problems with consolekit and CURRENT. When I start a
session with gnome (via gdm) I can't mount usb's, can't shutdown or
reboot, etc ... Reading the FAQ, it states that policykit will grant
those things to local and active sessions automatically (checking is
done via consolekit).

   The faq says proc needs to be mounted (done) and the graphical
session must be started via gdm (got it). In a terminal ck-list-session,
shows :

Session6:
    unix-user = '1002'
    realname = 'Gustau Perez'
    seat = 'Seat1'
    session-type = ''
    active = FALSE
    x11-display = ':0'
    x11-display-device = '/dev/rw'
    display-device = 'ttyv1'
    remote-host-name = ''
    is-local = TRUE
    on-since = '2009-06-08T11:05:22.366887Z'
    login-session-id = ''

  Looks like it is unable to detect the graphical session as a local
session. XDG_SESSION_COOKIE is set. GDM has this variable set too (I
checked it via ps auwwex).

   I even tried (in text mode) the following :

         # ck-launch-session /usr/local/bin/bash
        # ck-list-sessions

   I start gdm using gnome_enable="YES" in rc.conf.

   Any idea ?

--
PGP KEY : http://www-entel.upc.edu/gus/gus.asc