Empathy, google talk and problem with low mic

Stanislav Antic lists.stanislav.antic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:20:20 UTC 2009

I'm running FreeBSD 7.2 AMD64, with upgraded gnome 2.26.2. Even with
older one (2.26.0) there was the same problem. With mixer I putted all
on 100% but it still doesn't work. I'm able to hear others via google
talk on empathy, but they don't hear me. They hear me but it is very
quiet and sound is distorted. I'm using hda driver on intel p35
motherboard with ICH9 south bridge.

My first thought that something with pulseaudio is wrong, I dont know
if this is the problem, but anyway I didn't have any success in trying
to run it, message is next:
$ pulseaudio
I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
W: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but not
allowed by policy.
E: module.c: Failed to open module "module-oss-mmap": Shared object
"module-oss-mmap.so" not found, required by "pulseaudio"
E: main.c: Module load failed.
E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

I tried to search on mailing list and google, but with no success. If
I missed something be welcome to point me in right direction.