Can I compile gnome 2.24 using xorg 7.4

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 05:49:26 PST 2009

They compile fine on a fresh system.

I had troubles upgrading (same error, but in libXext), and after reading
up on it think there must be old configuration info somewhere
(libtool?).

Luckily I could copy everything from another machine, where a fresh
install worked flawlessly. So, either wait for someone to show you where
exactly the old config info is, or do a full reinstall...

Cheers, Mathias