Upgraded to gnome 2.24, gdm not allowing logins... hal related?

Jeffrey S. Racine racinej at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 12 10:24:50 PST 2009

Hi Joe.

Many thanks for the kind reply and for your efforts.

I have gnome_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf which is unchanged (this ought
to also run dbus_enable="YES" as it did previously?), and did rebuild
gnome-session.

However, I just rebuilt gnome-session once more along with dbus and hal
and it is now working. Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Jeff

--
Professor J. S. Racine         Phone:  (905) 525 9140 x 23825
Department of Economics        FAX:    (905) 521-8232
McMaster University            e-mail: racinej at mcmaster.ca
1280 Main St. W.,Hamilton,     URL:
http://www.economics.mcmaster.ca/racine/
Ontario, Canada. L8S 4M4

`The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance'