Enable Inkscape whiteboard

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Jan 2 01:27:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 04:26:18 -0600, Gary Dunn <knowtree at aloha.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 17:53 -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
>> According to the Inkscape web site it is possible to build Inkscape with
>> support for a Jabber-based shared whiteboard, code name Pedro.
>>
>> http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/WhiteBoard
>>
>> This page says that to get this capability I "... must compile inkscape
>> with the configure option --enable-whiteboard"
>>
>> I thought that I could accomplish this by adding this line to the
>> Makefile in the top directory of the inkscape port:
>>
>> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-whiteboard
>>
>> immediately after
>>
>> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>>
>> After that I did a make rmconfig, make, make deinstall, make reinstall.
>> Still no Whiteboard menu.
>>
>> Is there a way I can enable the inkscape whiteboard?
>>
> I think I fixed this. The correct config option is --enable-inkboard.
> The Inkscape wiki also wanted a "prefix" defined containing the path to
> the installed program, so my additions to the Makefile ended up being:
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --prefix=/usr/local/bin/inkscape
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-inkboard
>
> After that I did
>
> make rmconfig
> make configure
>
> and the Inkboard option changed from no to yes.
>
> make
> make deinstall
> make reinstall
>
> and now my Inkscape has a Whiteboard menu, as described on the Inkscape
> wiki. Don't know if it works, but at least it's there.

Please create a new PR, that way we won't forget it. I will be gone for
vacation for a week (start on this Sun) and start a new job after
vacation. Also, FreeBSD 7.1 is about to be release in next week and team
will be busy with merging stuff from MarcusCom CVS into FreeBSD ports tree.

FreeBSD GNOME Team