evolution + evolution-mapi + iconv and charset CP20866

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Fri Dec 25 16:20:04 UTC 2009

Hi

> CP20866 is the Windows encoding for KOI8-R.  I'm not sure why libiconv
> does not support it.

Looks like it was supported in past, and then support was just dropped.

> Try setting CHARSETALIASDIR to be the full path to charset.alias, and
> see if that works.

It does not helps, it even did not tried to open charset.alias file (by strace output)
$ env CHARSETALIASDIR=/usr/local/libdata/charset.alias strace -o
iconv.strace iconv -f cp20866 -t utf-8
iconv: conversion from cp20866 unsupported
iconv: try 'iconv -l' to get the list of supported encodings
$ fgrep charset iconv.strace
$

Looks like iconv broken in place of reading charset aliases from file.

PS. Can't read your message in evolution due to "Formatting message"
issue (known evolution issue, fixed in recent version). Does MC repo
have 2.29.3 evolution or later ?