thanks for nothing on the Samba 4 upgrade

Koop Mast kwm at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 14 11:40:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 23:13 -0800, paul beard wrote:
> Not sure why samba 4 is required for evolution-data-server but installing it
> breaks my minimal but functional samba install. Sounds like a POLA violation
> to me. The various provisioning and upgrade scripts don't seem to work. I'm
> dropping back to samba 3 to see if I can nurse it back to something
> workable.

Sorry to hear that, but evolution-data-server doesn't have anything to
do with samba4. Samba4 gets pulled in by evolution-mapi (via libmapi).
The x11/gnome2 meta port got a OPTION for people that don't want to have
evo-mapi and/or samba4.

-Koop