thanks for nothing on the Samba 4 upgrade

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 11:30:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:13:02 -0800
paul beard <paulbeard at gmail.com> articulated:

> Not sure why samba 4 is required for evolution-data-server but
> installing it breaks my minimal but functional samba install. Sounds
> like a POLA violation to me. The various provisioning and upgrade
> scripts don't seem to work. I'm dropping back to samba 3 to see if I
> can nurse it back to something workable.

Sorry to see that you are experiencing difficulties. However, a simple
post: "It doesn't work" is simply useless. Could you please supply a
detailed log, examples, smb.conf file, etc. Then and only then would
someone be able to possibly assist you.
--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

If puns were deli meat, this would be the wurst.