2.28.1 report

Li fender0107401 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 03:57:55 UTC 2009

Hi all:

Firstly, I am very glad to see gnome 2.28.1 in the ports tree!

So reinstall freebsd 7.2 and get a fresh ports tree then install xorg-minimal and gnome2-lite.

But now there two problem:

1. I can't choose language from gdm.

When I login to the system and try to select language (locale) from the menu, gdm show me a blank window wothout any language option (keyboard selection menu work well).

I know this is a bad description, but I don't know what information is helpful.

2. I don't know how to set font for epiphany.

I am a chinese man.

I use "dejavu" for english and "ar pl kaitim gb" for my native language.

In old version gnome, I can set .fonts.conf and in epiphany set fonts (edit=>preferencs=>fonts & style=>variable and fixed fonts).

But now, the "variable and fixed" option is disappeared.

My question is how to set english and chinese fonts separately.

I am trying use gconf and "Use custom stylesheet" but failed.

This is my .fonts.conf in my home.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<!-- ~/.fonts.conf for per-user font configuration -->
<fontconfig>

<alias>
<family>serif</family>
<prefer>