ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure dependence on x11/startup-notification

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 9 18:00:15 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/137368; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
To: "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, gnome at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to
 configure  dependence on x11/startup-notification
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:56:15 -0400

 --=-5khwLyXmQAXsy6mVke/T

 On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 13:12 -0300, Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:
 > On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM, <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
 > > Synopsis: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure dependence=
  on x11/startup-notification

 > > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > > State-Changed-By: marcus
 > > State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 8 21:05:58 UTC 2009
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > What is the purpose for making this optional?  startup-notification is =
 not
 > > that heavy, and is already required for other GNOME components.
 > >
 > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D137368
 >=20
 > Startup notification is optional even for other ports that can use it.
 > I'm attempting to make it possible to build a light desktop
 > environment, based on Xfce. Removing the dependence on startup
 > notification reduces the number of dependencies, mainly Python.

 libgnomeui doesn't make this optional.  I can understand removing the
 Python dependency, but startup-notification is quite light, and not
 updated very frequently.  I just don't see how this adds much bulk.

 Joe

 >=20
 --=20
 Joe Marcus Clarke
 FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
 FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
 http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome

 --=-5khwLyXmQAXsy6mVke/T

 --=-5khwLyXmQAXsy6mVke/T--