ports/137367: net/libproxy: add menu option to configure dependence on Python

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:30:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/137367; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com>
To: marcus at freebsd.org, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Cc: gnome at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/137367: net/libproxy: add menu option to configure
	dependence on Python
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:22:14 -0300

 On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM, <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
 > Synopsis: net/libproxy: add menu option to configure dependence on Python
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
 > State-Changed-By: marcus
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 8 21:11:22 UTC 2009
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > If Python support is to be made optional, I'd rather it be broken out into
 > a separate port like libproxy-mozjs.

 Making it a separate port would ruin the very purpose of the patch,
 which is  to make it possible to build a light desktop environment,
 based on Xfce. I'm attempting to reduce the number of dependencies,
 mainly Python. Please refer to the followup to ports/137368.

 --
 My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
 make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the