ports/133794: x11/gnome2: No go with automatic proxy configuration

Andreas Wetzel mickey242 at gmx.net
Sun Apr 26 14:40:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/133794; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andreas Wetzel <mickey242 at gmx.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, mickey242 at gmx.net
Subject: Re: ports/133794: x11/gnome2: No go with automatic proxy configuration
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:38:49 +0200

 The output is always the same for all three scenarios: direct connection,
 manual proxy configuration, auto proxy configuration:

 http://www.freebsd.org
 *** Unable to locate valid config! Falling back to auto-detection...
 *** PAC found, but no active PAC runner! Falling back to direct...
 direct://

 The PAC file looks like this, and is served as content-type
 'application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig':

 function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
 {
          if(isPlainHostName(host) || dnsDomainIs(host, ".mydomain.tld"))
                  return "DIRECT";

          return  "PROXY 10.1.1.1:3128; DIRECT";
 }

 --
 Keep it icy man.
 I don't want to end up a corpse before my time because you were daydreaming.