Preferences failures with GNOME 2.26.1

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Apr 25 05:21:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.26 to 2.26.1, and I'm finding that my personal
UI preferences are not recognised anymore. When I try to run
"gnome-mouse-properties", it comes back with a dialog box stating:

"Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
 Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not
 take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME
 (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with
 the GNOME settings manager."

However, a quick "ps ax" reveals a recently started
gnome-settings-daemon. Keyboard settings are similarly affected.

Any help appreciated.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>