ports/133945: x11-toolkits/py-gtk2 will not compile from ports

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:50:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/133945; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/133945: x11-toolkits/py-gtk2 will not compile from ports
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:24:14 -0400

 --002215046c6f89ea6504684b3c90

 I succeeded overnight in getting epiphany updated to the latest version,
 using portmaster instead of portupgrade. This included building and
 installing this port. Perhaps the symbol complained about in the compilation
 error  (GDK_TYPE_APP_LAUNCH_CONTEXT) is defined in a header file in another
 port that hadn't yet been updated? So portmaster succeeded because it built
 the ports in a different order? Guesswork on my part, but I think this PR
 can be closed.

 --002215046c6f89ea6504684b3c90

 I succeeded overnight in getting epiphany updated to the latest version, us=
 ing portmaster instead of portupgrade. This included building and installin=
 g this port. Perhaps the symbol complained about in the compilation error=
 =A0 (GDK_TYPE_APP_LAUNCH_CONTEXT) is defined in a header file in another po=
 rt that hadn&#39;t yet been updated? So portmaster succeeded because it bui=
 lt the ports in a different order? Guesswork on my part, but I think this P=
 R can be closed.<br>

 --002215046c6f89ea6504684b3c90--