Unable to move panels in 2.26

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Apr 22 15:29:32 UTC 2009

> Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:38:14 +0200
> From: Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain at blogreen.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 02:05:27PM +0800, Michael Svobodin wrote:
> > There is the same problem on Arch Linux on Gnome 2.26.
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:37:15AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > > On both systems, I am unable to move a panel.
>
> Please read GNOME 2.26 release note:
> http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.26/
>
> http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.26/#rnusers.cleanup
> « A keyboard modifier (usually Alt) is now required to drag panels
> around on the screen (the same keyboard modifier used for dragging
> windows around by their middles). »

Romain,

Thanks very much. I actually had read that note and clearly forgot all
about it. <Alt-Button2> does the trick, exactly as advertised. I had
mentally marked it as not applicable to me which is the sort of thing
that happens when you read the notes while on vacation.

Sorry for the noise.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)