Gnome-volume-manager failes to be removed

Klaus Friis Østergaard kfo at lasertech.dk
Fri Apr 17 06:50:42 UTC 2009

I am trying to update to 2.26, in the FAQ it says that the gnome-volume-manager needs to be removed by running the command

# pkgdb -Ff
(Remove gnome-volume-manager.)

It finds gnome-volume-manager but fails to remove it.

If I look in the ports tree

/usr/ports/sysutils I can not find the gnome-volume-manager directory.

it says
! gnome-volume-manager-2.24.1 (pkg_delere failed)
Command failed (exit code 1):

I can not find any file /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Should I some how try to reinstall the files in /usr/ports/sysutils/gnome-volume-manager in order to be able to delete it, if so how is this done.

Any help apriciated.

/Klaus