How to exclude directories from gamin?

barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Wed Apr 15 21:03:06 UTC 2009

> Mike Harding wrote:
> > That page (http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/config.html) doesn't
> > tell how to exclude directories, only how to select polling or
> > notification.  Grrr!
>
> The secret is to use polling on paths you don't want to lock.  The
> problem with FreeBSD's kqueue system is that it requires the
> file/directory to be open in order to monitor it.  If you disable kernel
> notification for certain paths, and opt for polling, then the files do
> not need to be opened, and thus they will not prevent umount from working.
>
> Joe

So the only "useful" method on FreeBSD should be poll, is it correct?
I mean, the one that should be used.

But this is what I've got from the gamin debug:
    Dumping mounted file systems
    ufs filesystem mounted at /mnt/aux2
    ufs filesystem mounted at /mnt/aux1
    Dumping file system properties
    fstype ufs monitor kernel poll timeout 0

So it seems poll is used for /mnt/aux1 and /mnt/aux2 which are ufs fs.
Nevertheless I'm unable to umount them.

Regards
Barbara