ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 12:00:07 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/129023; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm at gmail.com>
To: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:57:37 +0100

 On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
 > It does matter, because URI can be more than just entry URL like samba URI
 > and etc tha way we can location what problem. ;-) I think I might have a
 > good idea what your problem is. Do you have ftp/curl installed by any
 > chance? If no then can you install curl and reinstall gimp-app to see if it
 > will helping with your issue? I have curl installed here in my system and I
 > noticed that gimp will find curl by autocheck then use it. I will add
 > ftp/curl dependency in graphics/gimp-app by default with maybe provide
 > optional to turn off.

 I made sure curl was installed, deinstalled gimp-app, deleted
 /var/db/ports/gimp-app/options and reinstalled gimp-app. I even
 removed ~/.gimp-2.6. Still it doesn't work. :(

 %pkg_info -Ex curl
 curl-7.18.0
 %pkg_info -Ex gimp
 gimp-app-2.6.1_2,1