ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 30 10:10:04 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/129023; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: "Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP -
 GNOMEVFS is "on"
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:05:38 -0600

 On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 02:05:20 -0600, Lars Stokholm
 <lars.stokholm at gmail.com> wrote:

 > You can enter any URI for an image - it won't matter. Use
 > http://www.freebsd.org/layout/images/logo-red.png for example:
 > http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9327/shot1it4.png
 > http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8299/shot2rd6.png

 Thanks! I can't reproduce your problem. But only thing that I did
 different from your is disable HELPBROWSER and it shouldn't be make any
 difference as it's only for help browser. I have installed gimp-app today.

 # pkg_info -IX gimp
 gimp-app-2.6.1_3,1  A GNU Image Manipulation Program

 > I wasn't giving more details, because I thought there was no need. If
 > you think I'm missing other details, I'll be more than happy to
 > clarify.

 It does matter, because URI can be more than just entry URL like samba URI
 and etc tha way we can location what problem. ;-) I think I might have a
 good idea what your problem is. Do you have ftp/curl installed by any
 chance? If no then can you install curl and reinstall gimp-app to see if
 it will helping with your issue? I have curl installed here in my system
 and I noticed that gimp will find curl by autocheck then use it. I will
 add ftp/curl dependency in graphics/gimp-app by default with maybe provide
 optional to turn off.

 > Cheers,
 > Lars

 FreeBSD GNOME Team