conflict between gnome-applets 2.20 and libgweather 2.22

Bob Frazier bobf at mrp3.com
Sun Nov 30 00:38:55 PST 2008

there is an installation conflict between gnome-applets 2.20 and
libgweather 2.22 .  in the process of trying to 'pkgdb -F' on my system
(due to a number of problems doing the 2.20 to 2.22 upgrade) I installed
libgweather to satisfy the new dependencies.  Unfortunately this causes
trouble when you deinstall gnome-applets 2.20 since libgweather
components get de-installed.

One recommended update procedure might be to pkg_deinstall gnome-applets
before doing any gnome upgrade from earlier versions (including one
involving a portupgrade of gettext which is where it started affecting
me).  This is independent of the 'nautilus' issue already in the
'UPDATING' file.  This might also help prevent some of the cyclic
depenencies that other packages were causing (mentioned in my previous
e-mail).  once everything is upgraded, gnome-applets should end up being
re-installed as a dependency of gnome2-2.20 and libgweather as a
dependency of that.