evolution-datas-server fails configure due to Kerberos changes

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat May 10 20:29:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 15:19:25 -0500, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:04:00 -0500
>> From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>>
>> On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:37:13 -0500, Pascal Hofstee <caelian at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > After the recent Heimdal import (and Doug Rabson's quick fix regarding
>> > the krb5-config script) on 8.0-CURRENT, i now noticed
>> > evolution-dataserver fails its configure stage due to problems in its
>> > detection of Kerberos support.
>> >
>> > configure:28051: checking for Kerberos 5
>> > configure:28079: cc -o conftest -O2 -pipe -march=athlon64
>> > -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/db41
>> > -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err
>> > -lgssapi_krb5 conftest.c  >&5 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lk5crypto
>> >

>> > When one looks further in config.log one notices loads of missing
>> > hx509_* symbols. That's where i noticed that the link line above was
>> > missing the -lhx509 that was added to "krb5-config --libs".
>> >
>> > This leads me to believe the evolution-data-server port uses its own
>> > home-grown Kerberos 5 configure check instead of depending on
>> > krb5-config.
>>
>> Yep.
>>
>> > I'll happily test suggested patches.
>>
>> Try here:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/evolution-data-server.diff
>
> Just in case you don't follow freebsd-current@, Doug R. has checked in
> fixes for MOST of the problems from the update of heimdal in
> current. These may fix the problems, but he says that he won't have it
> all fixed until tomorrow. (A test patch for the last problem has been
> posted, though, if you just can't wait.)
>
> In any case, it's probably not worth spending too much time fixing
> failing ports when they won't be broken long for those willing to update
> heimdal.

I do follow up in the current@, this problem is different. dfr (Doug)
already has committed fix, but it's unrelated with this. Even thought if
dfr believes that this is also another bug and going to do another commit,
I still would like to see my patch goes in to get e-d-s to use krb5-config
instead of hardcore.

FreeBSD GNOME Team