inkscape

Don Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 19:21:50 PDT 2008

Gentlemen -

I've had problems getting inkscape to work for some time now.

It appears that the port wants Hans Boehm's GC 6.4+, but the config checker
segfaults on FreeBSD 7-STABLE. My system has a newer Boehm collector, I
believe 7.0, installed. Inkscape repeatedly tries to install 6.8 and fails.

I've done a number of your 'do this before you write us' steps, but I
believe this is a deeper problem that's been unresolved for some time.
Specifically, your gnomelogalyzer says it can't find anything. I remember
seeing this exact same failure happen in earlier FreeBSD generatrion
lifetimes, and it's always been the same libgc issue.

So, I'm sure you all have a fix by now, I just don't know it. Please tell me
where in the M I need to RTF. I have gotten to like working with Inkscape on
systems where it flies as a package -- that didn't work here either -- so
I'd really appreciate your help, even if it's prefaced by a 'You dummy, you
need... "

I'm not subscribed, so please respond with cc:.

Thanks!

-- :D