evolution-exchange port conflict

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jun 28 19:17:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:13:01 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 11:32 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:31:47 -0500, Alexander Leidinger
>> <Alexander at leidinger.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > there's a conflict with libytnef, evolution-exchange moans about the
>> > mapi.h it installs. It's maybe better to add a real conflicts line to
>> > both than to have evo-exchange check for the mapi.h.
>>
>> I thought I already have fixed it a year ago. See here:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/109199
>>
>> I can't agree with you for add CONFLICTS. If you have up to date ports,
>> then I will trying to fix it again.

I have checked in evolution-exchange and I don't need to fix anything. I
seem to not able to remember what I have added a fix in evolution-exchange
until I took a look at diff in commit history. If you really want to
resolve this problem, move libytnef's mapi.h in its own new subfolder
(libytnef/mapi.h) and have other ports to learn about it. I have checked
in Fedora's RPM and it has libytnef/mapi.h.

> CONFLICTS does nothing for build problems.  The only way to detect those
> is to add some Makefile logic.
>
> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team