Can Gnome install from CD-ROM with defaults?

knowtree at aloha.com knowtree at aloha.com
Thu Jun 26 01:16:48 UTC 2008

I want to install Gnome in a classroom situation, either live or as a
homework project. I prefer not requiring the bandwidth a network install
entails. This step will follow installing FreeBSD, so it will be on a clean
machine.

Is there a way to do this using CD-ROM?

What if I did it once ahead of time, then copied all the tarballs to the
new machine's /usr/ports/distfiles, then ran the gnome2 installer? Would
that work without a network connection?

Is there a way to run the installer with the option to take all defaults
and not prompt? I recall having my recent installs get stuck several times
waiting for me to accept the proposed configuration for this or that port.

Mahalo!

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project
    http://openslate.net/
73 BMW E9 (3.0 CS) 2213583 (rust repair research project)
    http://e9erust.blogspot.com/