CALL FOR TEST: Updates to pixmap, cairo, poppler, and firefox 3.0!

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Jun 20 15:37:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:32:17 -0500, Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo.it> wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> Strange, I can't reproduce your problem when I reinstall sqlite3
>> without threads support.
>
> Are you testing on 6.x? I can't reproduce it myself on 7.x.
> Also this 6.x box is a 6-STABLE from Feb 25 I wonder if that could
> change things (I guess not).

I don't have any 6.x here.

>> Right now, I am building this patch[1] and I would like you to test it
>> too.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/patch-db_sqlite3_src_Makefile.in
>>
>> Put it in firefox3/files/. Don't forget to do the 'make clean' first.
>> You can put sqlite3 without threads back in.
>
> It really seems to have nothing to do with the presence of a sqlite3
> package after all (I reproduced it also without a sqlite3 package
> installed), and you patch isn't enough to fix it.
> I managed to build it changing the patch to also include "-lpthread" or
> "-lthr", though.

Okay, can you edit in patch-db_sqlite3_src_Makefile.in by change from
$(OS_LDFLAGS) to -lpthread and let me know if it works for you. If it
doesn't work then can you send me full log of build in bz2 or gz in
private? The mailing list will strip off if it's too big in attach. Or put
in somewhere website if you prefer.

FreeBSD GNOME Team