FreeBSD Port: sysutils/policykit

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Fri Jun 20 12:50:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:48:45 -0500
"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html

Wow.  I know that this is not the freebsd GNOME team's fault,
(and I thank them deeply for making the GNOME process as painless
as it is,) but what were they (GNOME) smoking when they came up
with that (HAL)?  From a world where being in the wheel (or
operator) group was enough to enable this sort of thing, to a
world of arcane hierarchical databases complete with schema and
such.  It's quite a shock.

Thanks for the link.  I'll study it further.  As a gdm user, I
suspect that I should take my acd0 entry out of /etc/fstab...

Cheers,

Andrew.