CALL FOR TEST: Updates to pixmap, cairo, poppler, and firefox 3.0!

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:55:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 14:47 +0200, Rene Ladan wrote:
> 2008/6/19 Tom Evans <tevans.uk at googlemail.com>:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 16:39 -0400, Naram Qashat wrote:
> >> Well, I tried to build Firefox 3 after updating all the other ports, it gets to
> >> this point and fails:
> >>
> [...big ugly error...]
> >
> > This is because it is picking up the installed firefox headers
> > in /usr/local/include/firefox rather than the ones as part of firefox3.
>
> I could install firefox3 while firefox2 was still installed.
> Firefox3 runs fine, the only thing that is missing so far is that it doesn't
> pick up the www/xpi-* ports (fasterfox, gmail), even not after reinstalling
> the xpi-* ports.  It does pick up mplayerplug-in, java, and swfdec-plugin.
> swfdec runs fine too.
>
> > (btw, whats the protocol for replying to these mails - should I strip
> > off all but one list? What list is the 'important' one?)
> >
> I would guess freebsd-gnome@ and Jeremy Messenger
>
> One other thing: is it expected that you don't see the marcusmerge script
> do a cvs update when invoked as 'sh marcusmerge -m ports-stable' and
> the ports-stable directory already exists?  Or is that because there aren't
> any changes yet?
>
> Rene

To update what marcusmerge merges, you can either go to the ports-stable
folder, and do a manual cvs up, and rerun marcusmerge - or possibly run
marcusmerge -m ports-stable -U (I guess, I used cvs up).

I'm not convinced that it is firefox2 that causes the build problems.
The problem file for me was /usr/local/include/jspubtd.h , which I think
was part of spidermonkey (standalone mozilla javascript). Firefox puts
jspubtd.h in /usr/local/include/firefox .

Firefox 3 is very strange. Even when built, it doesn't work correctly
for me. I've only tried a few things so far, but for one, the address
bar doesn't seem to work properly, it doesn't change when you change tab
and it doesn't change when you follow a link. I'll try rebuilding..

Tom