Epiphany Upgraded to 2.20.3 Crashes

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Jan 24 08:47:04 PST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:59:52 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 23:02 +1100, Andrew Reilly wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:11:53 -0500
>> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

>> you set
>> checker will

>> ISO8859?  I
>> >
>> > I've switched to using UTF-8.
>>
>> Where are you setting LANG?  I've got it set (to (en_AU.UTF-8)
>> in my .profile (and exported), but it is set to C by the time
>> a terminal window starts up.  I used to have all of this
>> working, but I'm afraid that I've blown away all of my useful
>> configuration while trying to get epiphany to behave.
>>
>> I can confirm that manually running "env LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
>> epiphany" at a terminal prompt results in a happy browser.  Yay!
>> Bit of a harsh failure mode, though...
>
> If you use GDM, you will need to select your language from the GDM
> Language menu.  GDM is currently broken with respect to login.conf, so
> that is the only way to get this working for now.

I haven't test in GDM 2.20.x yet, but as for the GDM 2.21.x (in MC CVS).
The login.conf and Language menu don't work, so you have to add GDM_LANG
in either /etc/profile or ~/.profile. It works great. I have in my
~/.profile:

GDM_LANG=en_US.UTF-8;	export GDM_LANG

% locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org