gnome-volume-control hover value lags volume changed via mouse-wheel

Wayne Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Thu Jan 24 08:06:30 PST 2008

Since upgrading to gnome-2.20 from 2.18 I've noticed that the volume
level that appears in the hover pop-up over the volume control no longer
stays in sync with the volume level when changing it using the
mouse-wheel.

That is, hovering the mouse over the volume control, the pop-up appears
showing, e.g. Volume 10%, then scrolling the mouse wheel once up, the
volume changes (unseen) to 14% but the pop-up continues to display 10%,
then with each successive move of the mouse wheel, either up or down,
the volume setting changes appropriately but the pop-up displays the
value prior to the last change. So continuing from the previous
description, another up event increases the volume to 18% but the pop-up
displays 14%, then a down event will drop the volume back to 14% but the
pop-up will display 18%, etc.

It's mainly an annoyance but I happen to keep the volume setting very
low on this computer and I was frequently muting the sound inadvertently
until I realised what was happening. It definitely remained in sync
prior to the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Wayne