gnumeric-1.7.12 not placing selected delimiters

Reed Loefgren reedl at tatteredcover.com
Fri Jan 11 12:03:25 PST 2008

In gnumeric-1.6.(3?) I was able to take a comma delimited output file,
open it in gnumeric and sort it and save it as a text export, selecting
a pipe as the delimiter. When I moved to 1.7.12 no matter what I
selected it used a comma as the delimiter. This was too much of a
problem, I just changed som DB inser scripts.

I just now compiled and installed 1.80 and, no matter what delimiter I
selected it used what appeared to be tabs. So I fell back to 1.7.12 and
get the commas back but I've killed a portupgrade -a because it will put
1.80 back.

When I start gnumeric at the prompt and save-as a file with pipes as the
delimiter I get this output:

(gnumeric:98727): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_param_spec_enum: assertion
`g_enum_get_value (enum_class, default_value) != NULL' failed

(gnumeric:98727): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed

(gnumeric:98727): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_new_valist:
object class `GnmStfExport' has no property named `quoting-mode'

So something is broken on my machine. Any ideas what port(s) I need to
re-install to correct this?

thanks,