ports/119399: x11/gnome-terminal - Maximize Window Verticaly makes windows too tall

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 7 20:30:03 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/119399; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Reilly <areilly at bigpond.net.au>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/119399: x11/gnome-terminal - Maximize Window Verticaly
 makes windows too tall
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:24:04 +1100

 Some extra information:
 I've just discovered that "Maximize Window Vertically" seems to
 work OK if the panel has been hidden (properties: show hide
 buttons checked), at least for epiphany and gnome-terminal.
 What's more, the windows correctly shrink to accommodate the
 panel moving back into place.   So the problem only seems to
 arise when the panel is fixed (no manual hiding).  Hmm.
 Auto-hide is problematic too, because the exposed panel overlaps
 the tops of the windows underneath.  Maybe the non-hiding panel
 is being treated as though it were a permanently-exposed
 auto-hide panel?

 Hey: the panel can go on the right hand side, now: just like my
 Mac.  With it located there, Maximize Window Vertically works
 like a charm.  Consider this to be a work-around!

 --
 Andrew