Here's result.. [WAS Re: Updated hal]

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 19:34:24 PST 2008

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:21:55 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 14:15 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:57:29 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
>> wrote:

>> the

>> like
>> will
>> and I
>> >
>> > I'd need to see lshal output after inserting a disc with data.  I have
>> > been able to test audio CDs, and it did show up in Nautilus.
>>
>> I have borrowed my brother's audio CDs and these work fine. It's just
>> normal CD (with files from n-c-b) and DVD movies don't work.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/lshal.files_cd.txt
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/lshal.dvd_movie.txt
>
> Bug in libvolume_id when working with FreeBSD.  Do a make makesum on
> libvolume_id, and reinstall it, and you should be okay.

Update that libvolume_id has fixed data CD and movie DVD.

There is a simple problem, I couldn't eject data CD and movie DVD by push
eject button on the DVD driver. I get error message, 'Cannot eject
volume'. Strange, the eject button works great on blank DVD+R but not on
data CD and movie DVD. I had to right click on the data CD or movie DVD
icon on desktop then click on 'Eject', then icon will disappear with same
error message. After that I am able to push on eject button to get disc
out.

BTW: Your n-c-b patch in previous email has fixed problem too.

>> before,
>> again,
>> >
>> > I'm pretty sure the old hal did this as well.  The addon that checks
>> for
>> > media changes will continually access the device.  We could do away
>> with
>> > this check, but users of card readers would need to add additional fdi
>> > configuration.
>>
>> Ok, it's no big deal to me. Just make sure if it's normal.
>
> Please test to make sure this is not new, though.

Will do after test on CD/DVD stuff.

/me goes back to watch football.

> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org