Here's result.. [WAS Re: Updated hal]

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 12:15:27 PST 2008

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:57:29 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 12:00 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:49:56 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 23:41 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> <snip>
>> >
>> > I think I found the problem.  I posted a new hal.diff which takes the
>> > snap version to 20080105.
>>
>> Yep, the blank CD/DVD work great. But if I put non-blank CD/DVD
>> (recently
>> burned and movie DVD), the DVD icon in the nautilus will disappear like
>> don't have driver anymore. If I put blank CD/DVD then the DVD drive will
>> appear back in nautilus. I have test burned it and it seems work, and I
>> get this message in ~/.xsession-errors:
>
> I'd need to see lshal output after inserting a disc with data.  I have
> been able to test audio CDs, and it did show up in Nautilus.

I have borrowed my brother's audio CDs and these work fine. It's just
normal CD (with files from n-c-b) and DVD movies don't work.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/lshal.files_cd.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/lshal.dvd_movie.txt

>> ** (nautilus-cd-burner:1024): WARNING **: Drive not found for saved
>> device: 0,0,0
>>
>> But I don't know if this error message is a big deal since I have tested
>> burned CD on other computer and I am able to see files that was burned
>>  from new hal+n-c-b.
>
> Try this patch to n-c-b, and see if this problem is fixed.

Will do when I get back.

>> As for the USB flash drive, it still works fine. Only thing that I
>> noticed
>> is that now it will flash/blink light (read or write) at the every
>> second(s) even if I don't touch it. I don't remember if it does before,
>> but I don't think it did (I think I gotta to recheck with old hal again,
>> but Windows doesn't do that).
>
> I'm pretty sure the old hal did this as well.  The addon that checks for
> media changes will continually access the device.  We could do away with
> this check, but users of card readers would need to add additional fdi
> configuration.

Ok, it's no big deal to me. Just make sure if it's normal.

> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org