Follow-up: totem config failure

J. W. Ballantine jwb at homer.att.com
Fri Jan 4 05:58:24 PST 2008

Just as a quick follow-up.

As I previous noted, after I built totem-pl-parser by hand,
totem built ok.  When I tried to install it, I was told to do
and deinstall and reinstall.

When I did the totem deinstall, I received:
pkg_delete: '/usr/local/lib/libtotem-plparser.a' fails original MD5 checksum -
deleted anyway.
pkg_delete: '/usr/local/lib/libtotem-plparser.la' fails original MD5 checksum
- deleted anyway.
pkg_delete: '/usr/local/lib/libtotem-plparser.so.10' fails original MD5
checksum - deleted anyway.
pkg_delete: '/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/totem-plparser.pc' fails original
MD5 checksum - deleted anyway.

When I then tried to reinstall totem, I am informed that totem-pl-parser is
not installed. I have to rebuild and reinstall totem-pl-parser by hand
before I am able to return to the reinstall totem.

Jim