ports/120526: x11-wm/xfce4-desktop, x11-fm/thunar: should depend on graphics/librsvg2

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 21 18:34:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:07:13 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Hiroto Kagotani wrote:
>> 2008/2/21, marcus at freebsd.org <marcus at freebsd.org>:
>>>  This cannot happen.  librsvg2 requires gtk20, and thus gtk02 cannot
>>> also
>>>  depend on librsvg2.  It's been a problem discussed on freebsd-gnome@
>>> before,
>>>  but a good solution has not yet been proposed.  If you find one that
>>> does
>>>  not introduce a dependency loop, then please file a new PR with
>>> patches.
>>  I traced the thread about librsvg2 in freebsd-gnome@ archive.
>>  I understand adding dependency can not solve this problem.
>> Is it able to add some scripts in librsvg2 port to add/delete some lines
>> in etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders on installing/deinstalling?
>
> No, this is not possible.  The gtk-engine module that comes with
> librsvg2 needs GTK+ libraries and headers.  Therefore, librsvg2 REQUIRES
> gtk20, and thus gtk20 cannot require librsvg2.

I think he means by run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to update the
etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the install/deinstall of librsvg2. I
think (uncheck) our librsvg2 ports already does it.

> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org