Brasero for FreeBSD CAM

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Feb 3 22:22:04 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 23:25 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 00:24:52 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 00:18 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> >> With update of brasero.diff, it doesn't crash anymore. It runs fine but
> >> am not able to burn on blank CD+R. It's weird, it shows as '0 ((null))
> >> inserted in DVD_RW ND-3550A' and if I add file in it then it will say
> >> that
> >> it's oversized. It's like it doesn't recognize blank CD, its size or
> >> else.
> >> I have tried to change button from above to 700 MiB then it works to let
> >> me to click on burn CD, but an error come up (see in brasero.txt).
> >>
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/brasero.txt
> >
> > Wouldn't you know this was my own damn fault.
>
> What problem was it?

Offsets.  There are serious drawbacks to this hackish approach.  The
good news is I learned a lot about the MMC spec, and the brasero
developer is changing things so it will be easier for me to use their
existing SCSI infrastructure.

> > I have a new brasero.diff
> > up that should fix the size problem.  CD-R media SHOULD work according
> > to the devs.
>
> Well done, it works great. I have burned on CD-R and it works fine. I also
> have put DVD+R and it recognizes fine, also responed with correct size of
> CD-R and DVD+R. Only a problem is that the eject doesn't work, but I don't
> think it's on brasero side. Must be something new with hal/policykit
> stuff? It couldn't auto-mount either on CD with data (this is off point).

> (brasero:83556): BraseroBurn-DEBUG: At burn-task.c:359: got out of loop
> (brasero:83556): BraseroBurn-DEBUG: At burn.c:275: Ejecting destination
> disc
> (brasero:83556): BraseroBurn-DEBUG: At burn.c:254: Asynchronous ejection
> gnome-mount 0.7
>
> ** (gnome-mount:83584): WARNING **: Eject failed for
> /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_empty_cd_r:
> org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.PermissionDeniedByPolicy :
> org.freedesktop.hal.storage.eject no <-- (privilege, result)
>
> (brasero:83556): BraseroBurn-DEBUG: At burn.c:2270: Session error : the
> media in DVD_RW ND-3550A can't be ejected
>
> Oh yeah, one more thing.. Is the '((null))' normal? To me, it looks like
> it is supposed to be 'DVD+R' (as right now it has DVD+R blank inserted) or
> something instead? I have taken screenshot to explain better.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/freebsd-brasero.png
>
> I have ran it with debug (burned on CD-R) and saved by script(1), so let
> me know if you still want to see it.

Offsets again.  I have a new patch up.  Try it out.

Sucks to be the Pats ;-).