no usb icon on desktop

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Feb 1 15:42:51 PST 2008

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:39:56 -0600, J. W. Ballantine <jwb at homer.att.com>
wrote:

> I finished a build of ports and mc cvsup sup from this morning, and
> after I start X, I get the gnome desktop, but when I insert a usb memory
> stick, no icon for it appears.  I do get the messages about da0 and it
> identifies the stick, but then the da0 changes to cd0(?).

There are a lot of stuff that are incomplete in between gvfs and Nautilus,
so we will have to wait for GNOME developers to complete Nautilus port
 from gnome-vfs to gvfs. Same things for gdm vs gnome-panel and a few other
applications.

> Jim Ballantine

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org