Enable Inkscape whiteboard

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Wed Dec 31 11:17:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 17:53 -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> According to the Inkscape web site it is possible to build Inkscape with
> support for a Jabber-based shared whiteboard, code name Pedro.
>
> http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/WhiteBoard
>
> This page says that to get this capability I "... must compile inkscape
> with the configure option --enable-whiteboard"
>
> I thought that I could accomplish this by adding this line to the
> Makefile in the top directory of the inkscape port:
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-whiteboard
>
> immediately after
>
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>
> After that I did a make rmconfig, make, make deinstall, make reinstall.
> Still no Whiteboard menu.
>
> Is there a way I can enable the inkscape whiteboard?

I think I fixed this. The correct config option is --enable-inkboard.
The Inkscape wiki also wanted a "prefix" defined containing the path to
the installed program, so my additions to the Makefile ended up being:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --prefix=/usr/local/bin/inkscape
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-inkboard

After that I did

make rmconfig
make configure

and the Inkboard option changed from no to yes.

make
make deinstall
make reinstall

and now my Inkscape has a Whiteboard menu, as described on the Inkscape
wiki. Don't know if it works, but at least it's there.

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/