ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:10:05 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/129023; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm at gmail.com>
To: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:05:15 +0100

 On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
 > Does it makes any difference if you add '--without-gvfs' in the
 > CONFIGURE_ARGS and reinstall gimp-app?

 That did the trick! Thanks a lot.

 But it gets me thinking, why I would use gvfs in the first place when
 it's gnomevfs that gets installed:

 From Makefile:
 GNOMEVFS "Use GNOME VFS for the URI plug-in" on

 But I don't even know the difference, so I'm probably wrong. But even
 so, wouldn't it be better to use curl instead of gnomevfs or gvfs?

 Anyway, I hope you find a way to fix this in ports, one way or another. :)

 Cheers,
 Lars