ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP - GNOMEVFS is "on"

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 1 09:50:04 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/129023; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: "Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/129023: graphics/gimp: URI plugin doesn't work in GIMP -
 GNOMEVFS is "on"
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:47:45 -0600

 On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:02:54 -0600, Lars Stokholm
 <lars.stokholm at gmail.com> wrote:

 > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Lars Stokholm <lars.stokholm at gmail.com>
 > wrote:
 >> The output of 'make configure' and config.log is attached (I hope
 >> correctly).
 >
 > So that didn't work... Here they are:
 >
 > Output of 'make configure': http://pastebin.com/f2a826f5
 > config.log: http://pastebin.com/f6787e1fe

 I have modified mine to make looks like your and I still can't reproduce
 it. Maybe it's because of I have newer gvfs 1.0.x that is from MarcusCom
 CVS. Does it makes any difference if you add '--without-gvfs' in the
 CONFIGURE_ARGS and reinstall gimp-app? It should be pick up gnome-vfs
 instead of gvfs like this:

 Optional Plug-Ins:
    Ascii Art:           yes
    Help Browser:        no (WebKit support disabled)
    LCMS:                yes
 [...]
    URI:                 yes (using gnome-vfs)

 I have tried to use gnome-vfs and it still works fine same as with gvfs.

 > Cheers,
 > Lars

 FreeBSD GNOME Team