gnumeric using only commas for delimiter

Reed Loefgren reedl at tatteredcover.com
Fri Sep 28 10:06:14 PDT 2007

I had been using gnumeric-1.7.10 on a freeBSD-6.2-P7 system. On the 16th
or 17th I upgraded to gnumeric-1.7.12 using the ports. I have found that
if I open a comma delimited text file, make changes and save the changed
version under a different name and using a pipe for the delimiter the
changed version shows up with commas for the delimiter instead.

I have tried re-installing gnumeric-1.7.12 and that hasn't helped. An
attempt to compile 1.7.10 failed. I'm doing portupgrade -fRr gnumeric
now but it hasn't finished yet. I'll next do portupgrade -a this weekend.

Can't say if this is just on my machine or what. Thought I'd give you a
ring on it.

thx,