Announcing GNOME 2.20.0 for FreeBSD

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Wed Sep 26 10:37:57 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 17:20 +0800, Khairil Yusof wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 23:56 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > In the meantime, packages for i386 and amd64 are being built
> > (http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q21), and we still need
> > those users running 2.20 to provide us some cool screenshots.
>
> Most of the visual changes are really subtle (collapsed
> tasks/appointments), blue scrollbars, little animations in Evolution,
> performance improvements etc.
>
> So general desktop screenshot doesn't really do justice.
>
> Anyways, here are some screenshots of Gnome 2.20 + Compiz Fusion, will
> add more as I get the hand of 2.20.
>
> http://kaeru.inigo-tech.com/stuff/freebsd-gnome-2-20-screenshots
It's really nice shot!

> Many thanks to the efforts of the FreeBSD Gnome team!
>
> Except for rarian/scrollkeeper, it was pretty much a smooth portupgrade
> -a

Also I want to get GNOME 2.20, but GNOME updating is difficult to me
technologically. I will be getting GNOME 2.20 if 6.3-RELEASE or
7.0-RELEASE is released by re@ someday because pkg_add/pkg_delete is all
what I know.

Many thanks to the efforts of the FreeBSD GNOME Team, too!

Byung-Hee