ports/116448: devel/dbus intolerent of existing 556 GID

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 18 18:14:16 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 09:52:09PM +0000, marcus at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: devel/dbus intolerent of existing 556 GID

> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: marcus
> State-Changed-When: Tue Sep 18 21:50:42 UTC 2007
> State-Changed-Why:
> 556 has been allocated to messagebus via /usr/ports/GIDs.  If you absolutely
> need this GID for something else, you need to pre-create the messagebus
> group with a GID that works for you.

This is disappointing - why must it be 556?  The reason I had it already
defined is because the subversion install creates a 'svn' group and
doesn't specify a GID.  To keep this from happening, why cannot we commit
/usr/ports/GIDs to /usr/src/etc/group to better reserve them?
--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)