Suggested mailing list search - useless.

John Murphy freebsd001 at freeode.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 11:42:23 PDT 2007

It seems the FreeBSD mailing list search facility offered by Rambler is
not very useful these days <http://freebsd.rambler.ru>. It doesn't seem
to have any posts later than ~ the beginning of February 2007. I am sad
to see it go, really, as I've used it many times over the years.

Reason for bringing it to the list's attention is that the recommended
search of this list uses it:

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/index.html#search

Which is linked to from the "Reporting a Bug" page:

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html

If you search there for a common word like 'Synopsis' the most recent
message containing it is dated 27.01.2007, which obviously isn't right.

I haven't found the list archived anywhere else (outside freebsd.org),
although Gmain has an archive of the developers (I think) list, which
was a surprise.

RIP Rambler :(

--
Thanks, John.