ports/115870: [DEPS] graphics/cairo reduce X dependencies

Tue Sep 4 09:05:46 PDT 2007

Quoting "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> (Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:03:49 -0500):

> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:46:07 -0500, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> (Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:47:59
> > +0200):

> >> I seriously doubt gtk20 port maintainers will accept FreeBSD specific
> >> hackery on installed .pc files.
> >
> > You mean more hackery (one reinplace command) than already existing (I
> > don't count the reinplace things in USE_GNOME=gnomehack now)?
>
> Half of that gnomehack stuff are gone in GNOME 2.20. As for the others
> such as libdata and share/locale, we are following the hier(7), that's it.

My comment was not targeted as a complaint for the existing gnomehack
stuff. I just wanted to point out, that my current proof of concept for
the *.pc stuff (not tested yet) is not a significant amount of change
at all. Discussing this now is not necessary, as I want to push this
upstream anyway.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Violence in reality is quite different from theory.
		-- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4