ports/115988: converters/libiconv port doesn't handle PREFIX well

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Mon Sep 3 15:40:08 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/115988; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de>
To: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/115988: converters/libiconv port doesn't handle PREFIX well
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 00:37:24 +0200

 Am 04.09.2007 um 00:08 schrieb Jeremy Messenger:

 > The package thinks that it installed in /usr/share/man/*.

 To be honest, this is what I would expect.

 > Show me your output of:
 >
 > # make PREFIX=/usr -V MANPREFIX

 testBSD#  make PREFIX=/usr -V MANPREFIX
 /usr/share

 > Did you set on MANPREFIX or something else in make.conf?

 Nope, didn't set anything except enabling ssh (/etc/rc.conf) and the
 commands (portsnap, make) you see in the logs.

 > Also, I would like to see your converters/libiconv/work/
 > libiconv-1.11/config.log

 The log from the first attempt (before portsnap update) are gone and
 now no such file gets created. Btw., I see version 1.9.2, not 1.11.
 This is what the Ports mechanism gives me.

 > As for the log-2, log-3 and log-4... Are you installing everything
 > in /usr?

 The sole purpose of this virtual machine is to track this bug.
 There's nothing installed but this one package and it's single
 dependency.

 Markus

 Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
 http://www.jump-ing.de/