Feature request for port: www/firefox

आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla wahjava at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:34:49 PDT 2007

Hi "www/firefox" port maintainer,

I would like to suggest a feature for "www/firefox" port. It'll be great if
you'll add another OPTION to the port's Makefile for "PANGO support",
which when user selects, appends "--enable-pango" to the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

All of the sites which contains Indic characters[1] require CTL[2]
support enabled in rendering engine, which is provided by Pango[3].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmic_family
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_Text_Layout
[3] http://www.pango.org/

If I need to submit a PR for this, I'll submit one.

TIA
Ashish Shukla
--
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ल

weblog: http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

 ,= ,-_-. =.  | DRMs are often designed by ambitious, well-funded consortia, |
((_/)o o(\_)) | with top-notch engineers from every corner of the industry.  |
 `-'(. .)`-'  | They spend millions. They take years. They are defeated in   |
     \_/      | days, for pennies, by hobbyists.        - Cory Doctorow      |

The best optimizer is between your ears.
                                  - Michael Abrash